FURLOUGH RESOURCES – STELLAR PARTNERS ASSOCIATES
This page was created to provide helpful information to our associates during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will do our best to provide timely updates in this rapidly changing environment. Please check back frequently.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), was created to provide emergency assistance and health care response for individuals, families, and businesses affected by the 2020 coronavirus pandemic and economic downturn.
Below are some of the provisions from the CARES Act:
- If you are eligible for unemployment benefits in your state, you will automatically receive an additional $600 per week for up to four months through July 31, 2020
- U.S. residents will be eligible for: (1) a one-time tax rebate of up to $1,200; and (2) an additional $500 for each child age 16 and under.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Hardship Withdrawals
- Loan Repayment Deferment
- CARES Act Loan
Please click HERE for more information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS CLICK HERE
Open Enrollment is Here!
Many of you have already received emails from ADP regarding the open enrollment window, which is open through May 8th. This is the opportunity to enroll if you’re not currently enrolled, or make any needed changes (add/remove dependents, change plans, etc.). New enrollments and changes will be effective June 1st, 2020 through May 31st, 2021.
Open to all full-time active and furloughed staff.
Please click HERE for more information.
United Health Care (UHC) Virtual Visits
Access to care online at any time from the comfort of your home.
A virtual visit lets you see and talk to a doctor from your mobile device or computer.
Review the frequently asked questions to learn more about virtual visits.
Link to UHC Virtual Visits. https://www.uhc.com/individual-and-family/member-resources/health-care-tools/virtual-visits
Expanded Access to Care, Support and Resources for COVID-19
We are committed to helping you protect your health by expanding access to care, support and resources during this unprecedented time. Sign in below to access member benefits and care information, and learn about COVID-19 resources available to you.
Use this online symptom checker to assess your risk for COVID-19 and get treatment options, or use our online tool to find a COVID-19 testing location in your area
What is a Furlough Leave of Absence Program
Stellar Partners (the “Company”) cares deeply about our valued associates. As we have seen our business shrink dramatically during the COVID-19 crisis, we have unfortunately needed to furlough a significant number of our associates.
A furlough is a type of unpaid leave of absence initiated by the company for closures or reductions-in-force that are anticipated to be of a short duration (i.e. less than 6 months), but for an undetermined amount of time. The Furlough Leave of Absence Program was designed as a unique program to help associates use their paid time off during the period of the Furlough and to continue their Health & Welfare benefits.
Why did the Company choose a furlough rather than termination?
We have chosen to furlough, rather than terminate or layoff, our associates for a number of reasons.
- Paid time off (PTO) – A furlough allows us to make PTO available for our associates to continue to be paid. Associates are to use all accumulated PTO during the furlough period. All furloughed associates will automatically have any accrued PTO balances applied to their pay checks each week, in weekly 40 hr increments until the balance is depleted.
- If associates were terminated, their health & welfare benefits would end and PTO would not be paid (except where mandated by law).
- Benefits – A furlough allows the Company to continue the employer share of Health & Welfare premiums for associates in the Company’s plans. If you are enrolled in a Company sponsored Health & Welfare plan, when your paid time off has been exhausted, the Company will cover both the associate and employer cost of your Health & Welfare benefit premiums through May 31, 2020.
- Associates union healthcare plans should contact their union rep for information.
- Returning to Work/Badges – A furlough also allows us to more quickly return associates to work once our business returns, subject to airport badging requirements.
- It is very important that you return your badge to your location. Badges that are not returned will be turned off and associates will be required to go through the badging process, which can take months, before being able to return.
- The Company does not control airport badging requirements but has requested that we be allowed to keep associates badges active during the furlough.
- No Break in Service – A furlough allows the Company to continue associates’ service without interruption.
Our desire is for all of our valued associates to return back to the Company as soon as business conditions improve. In the meantime, we are committed to keeping you updated as we learn more information.
To receive unemployment benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment program in the state where you work. Find your state’s program, and check with them to see if you should file a claim in person, by telephone, or online. Visit the link to gather general information: https://www.usa.gov/unemployment
The federal government is allowing new options for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits related to COVID-19.
Visit the link to find details on their Unemployment Insurance program, including and additional flexibility offered to those impacted by coronavirus: https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/unemployment-insurance
IMPORTANT – American taxpayers will have until July 15 to file their tax returns. Visit: https://www.irs.gov
Get a Copy of Your W-2
- Log in to your ADP employee portal at https://online.adp.com/totalsource/login.html and click Myself > Pay/W2 Statements then select Download Statement from the Tax Statements section at the bottom.
Work-Life Employee Assistance Program
Our Work-Life Employee Assistance Program (Work-Life EAP) is administered by ADP and is a great and confidential resource for any personal life issues and situations where professional guidance may be needed.
You can contact LifeCare Specialists by calling toll-free, 24 hours a day at 866-574-7256.
To access the LifeCare website, log in to your ADP employee portal at https://online.adp.com/totalsource/login.html and click Myself > Benefits Program > Life Management and select EAP Portal. At that point, first time users can register by completing the one-time process.
Access ADP Mobile to view your pay statements, benefits summary and more! Download the ADP Mobile app to your mobile device. Available in Apple, Google, Amazon and Windows app stores.
Food & Nutrition Assistance Programs
- If you have young children at home who receive free lunches during the school year, please check with your local school system as many are continuing to make these free lunches available for pick-up. Visit: Free Meals for Kids During the Coronavirus Crisis
- WIC provides federal grants to states for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. Visit: https://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/wic-how-apply
- SNAP provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency. Visit: https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/recipient/eligibility
- TEFAP is a federal program that helps supplement the diets of low-income Americans, including elderly people, by providing them with emergency food assistance at no cost. Visit: https://www.fns.usda.gov/tefap/emergency-food-assistance-program
Health Insurance and Medical Expenses
If you do not have health insurance, you may be eligible for benefits through your state. Visit: https://www.insurekidsnow.gov/
If you are experiencing life changes such as losing health coverage or having a baby, or to check qualification for Medicaid or CHIP visit: https://www.healthcare.gov/get-coverage/
Home Internet Access
If you do not have internet access at home, or cannot afford to maintain it, there are options available:
- Comcast Internet Essentials, a low-cost home internet package for qualifying individuals and households, is now available for free for the first two months. https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19
- Access Program from AT&T, is a low-cost home internet package for qualifying individuals and households. https://www.att.com/help/covid-19/